Sitater fra bokhandlende mennesker i bokform

Jeg har akkurat kjøpt meg en ny bok, som jeg ble tipset om av en kollega nemlig denne:

Forfatteren har samlet en rekke samtaler og sitater som kunder i bokhandelen har ytret. Du finner samtaler som disse:

Customer: Excuse me, do you have any signed copies of Shakespeare plays?
Me: Er... do you mean signed by the people who performed the play?
Customer: No, I mean signed by William Shakespeare.
Me: .....*headdesk*

Customer: Hi, I'd like to return this book, please.
Me: Do you have the receipt?
Customer: Here.
Me: Erm, you bought this book at Waterstone's.
Customer: Yes.  Me:.... we're not Waterstone's. Customer: But, you're a bookshop.
Me: Yes, but we're not Waterstone's.
Customer: You're all part of the same chain.
Me: No, sorry, we're an independent bookshop.
Customer: ....
Me: Put it this way, you wouldn't buy clothes in H&M and take them back to Zara, would you? Customer: Well, no, because they're different shops.
Me: Exactly.
Customer:... I'd like to speak to your manager.
Og denne kjenner jeg godt igjen selv, med ulike varianter, fra egne timer bak kassen:
Customer: I read a book in the eighties. I don't remember the author, or the title. But it was green, and it made me laugh. Do you know which one I mean?
Forfatteren har også referert artige samtaler fra signeringene sine: 

Woman: *walks up to me, holding up a copy of 50 Shades of Grey*:
Will you sign this for me?
Me: ... I didn't write that book.
Woman: But the sign says that you're signing books today.
Me: Yes... I'm signing the book that I wrote *indicates book*
Woman: Just that one?
Me: ...Yes.
Woman: Not this one?
Me: ... No.
Woman: Oh, that's odd. *wanders off* 
Jeg gleder meg veldig til å få denne boken i hendene og lese mer, 

Labels: , ,